Can:Do Hearing is a full service clinic for people from the age of 6 months.
Clients do not need to have a referral in order to have their free hearing assessment; however we will only provide a written report at no charge when we have a doctor’s referral in hand.
If you hold a Centrelink pension card or a DVA gold card or white card specifying hearing, Can:Do Hearing is contracted by the Office of Hearing Services to provide your services at no cost to eligible pensioners and veterans.
The following people are also eligible for subsidised Audiological care:
- Australian pension concession card holders
- People receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
- Holders of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions
- Holders of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss
- Dependents of a person in one of the above categories
- Member of the Australian Defence Force
- Part of the Australian Government funded Disability Employment Services (DES) – Disability Management Service and you are referred by your Disability Employment Services case manager
- Children and young people under 26 years of age